If you want to plan a nice, memorable party for the 4th of July, your birthday or a reception, you should try a barbeque. You will offer your guests memories that will stick with them for many years to come. Off course, you don't get to have the perfect BBQ party without planning, so if you follow the next few steps, you can't go wrong.
1) First of all, if you want to have a party, you need guests. Start planning on time, so your guests can put your party in their schedule. It's easier to find a date and time that suits everyone if you give enough advanced notice. And please remember, even with enough advanced notice, not everyone will be able to come so don't be discouraged if there are fewer guests than you hoped for.
2) Check the weather for the time of year. In some places it's best to have a backup plan for unusual weather. It's impossible to predict things like rain ahead of time but if you plan your barbeque during the time of year that it is more likely to be a nice weather you have less chance of needing to cancel your party.
3) When you purchase the meat for your party, keep in mind that not everyone attending may like a certain kind of meat. If you plan for pork, sausage, hamburgers and chicken, you can't go wrong. If there are smaller children at the party, consider some child friendly foods like hot dogs.
4) When you know what kind of meat you are going to serve, you can plan for the side dishes. If you want a traditional barbeque you should include potatoes, potato salad, baked beans and coleslaw. For a traditional condiment bar, you should choose pickles, relish and onions. The plus for these kind of foods is that they are easy to prepare and store. You can choose to have other dishes, but no barbeque is complete without these items.
5) If you are having a theme party you can choose to purchase decorations. These can be found at any local party or general store. If you choose to have decorations, consider to buy decorations that can be reused at a different party.
6) The day before you should make sure you thaw, prepare and marinate the meat. Put the meat in the refrigerator with the marinate until it's time to put it on the grill. Try to prepare as many side dishes as you can ahead of time.
7) The day of the party, you should try to get up early and start preparing. That way you will be done when your guests arrive. Try to have your grill started when your guests arrive because the smell of the grill will bring everyone in the mood for a nice barbeque.
By following these 7 easy steps, you can't go wrong with your barbeque party. Start planning and enjoy the company of your friends and family on your next BBQ.