When we lived in an agricultural society taking care of the home was something we had plenty of time for. The man generally took car of the grounds and the wife and kids took care of the inside of the house. So much has changed in so short a time that now the home has become just a way station a place to store our stuff while we are out and about in the world.
When we get home we are exhausted and although we are willing to take care of the clutter we are more comfortable with putting it off than ever before. This leads to a house full of clutter. Nothing is in its proper place and the home is thus filled with negative energy.
The Chinese believe that the earth is a place made up of good and bad energies. The "Yin and Tang", it is this chi that they have been directing and redirecting for thousands of years to aid in de-cluttering the mind, body and spirit of individuals, homes and office buildings. When a home is full of clutter it is also full of bad energy, holding onto this clutter does not leave room for any of the good energy to flow into your home.
Read on for five tips regarding the principles of Feng Shui that will help you to keep your home clutter free and the good energy cascading throughout your house.
1. Use the five-element principal of Feng Shui to strengthen the flow of positive energy in your home. the five elements and their corresponding colors are a) Fire - Red, Strong, Yellow, Orange, Purple, Pink b) Earth - Greens and Browns c) Water - Blues and Black d) Metal - White and Gray
2. Keep the house well ventilated. When you are beginning to de-clutter open up all of the windows and let the old air out and fresh new air full of good energy in.
3. Use the fire element colors in the daily living spaces. Where do you and the family spend the most time. The family room, the kitchen and the dining room .
4. Do not try to get it all done at once remember you are new to this and you do not want this to feel like a chore. Keep it a celebration. The energy from you will be imbued into the room you are attempting to de-clutter so keep it positive. Take one section at a time and get rid of any useless items that have no significance to your home or your life.
5. When de-cluttering using Feng Shui, it is important that your mind and spirit are clear. It is equally important that you do not attempt this while exhausted. Feng Shui is about channeling positive energy and it is impossible to do if your energy levels are depleted.
Do yourself the ultimate favor, de-clutter your house and then de-clutter your life. Keep the lines simple and the energy strong for a more positive flow in your life.