The following are some of the general advantages in watching your free TV shows online:
1) There are now over 3000 channels all over the world to choose from.
2) The selection of shows from these channels certainly covers all of entertainment's show genres.
3) You can watch your preferred show in the privacy of your computer. You can watch movies and free TV shows, and all is perfectly legal.
4) You can watch your chosen show anytime and anywhere you are in the world. The software works anywhere and you can choose channels from over 75 countries all over the world. You now can watch your home TV shows even if you are in another country.
5) You can work on your computer and at the same time get yourself updated on the news, sports events and business trends - without moving to and fro between your computer and your TV set.
6) You can access your new and old favorite free TV shows. For those episodes you have missed, you can see them again and again. Or, you can watch those favorite ones you wanted to see all over again. All these catching up viewing are for free.
7) You have a choice of downloading the show or watch it via video streaming. If you are on broadband, the streaming is in real time and there is no need to download.
8) You can watch all kinds of sporting events around the world, and you won't have to pay extra for these international sporting events.
10) You can download not just regular free TV shows but also any of the specials and all the other programs on regular TV broadcast.
Getting your free TV shows online is way cheaper than buying a TV set, or installing a satellite dish or cable. Think of your monthly fees and the big one-time installation costs of the equipments. (For U.S. residents, the savings run to about $1200 yearly at today's prices.)
To get online, you will first have to download software for this specific purpose. These kinds of software are designed to collect and assemble more than 3000 TV channels from around the world, are easy to download and install and is user-friendly.
Today, most TV networks around the world have their own internet services or sites to access their programming.
Consider the quality of your software more important than the number of channels it can deliver. It is better to have a thousand DVD quality channels than have ten thousand undecipherable ones or interruption-plagued sites.
Check out some popular software brands in the market and ask your usual questions on quality and other aspects (download rates, ease of use, etc.) before buying.
Some software has packaged offers of very low lifetime membership fees that give access to free annual updates and other improvements.
Watching one's favorite free TV shows online is now a cinch. Now, if only they can make those laptop batteries last longer...